eat me:. walnut carrot cupcakes with ginger frosting.

So, I don't know if any of you have noticed, but it's been a very long while since a cupcake recipe was featured on this blog.  I have not idea why but the amount of cupcakes I bake is severely disproportional to the recipes that make it on this blog, probably because most of them are baked for specific things and they all get eaten before I can take photos!

So, when one of my friends asked me if I wanted to come over and bake carrot cupcakes with her and add ginger frosting I leaped at the chance.  I love cupcakes. And I love ginger.
These cupcakes turned out super well.  They were really moist and the addition of walnuts and ginger made them a hundred times better than any other carrot cake I've ever had.  Leave it to Deb and Smitten Kitchen to always have the best inspiration!

walnut carrot cupcakes (recipe modified from smitten kitchen)
2 C. all purpose flour.
2 tsp. baking soda.
2 tsp. ground cinnamon.
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg.
2 tsp. fresh grated ginger.
11/2 C. brown sugar.
1 1/4 C. vegetable oil.
4 large eggs.
3 C. grated peeled carrots.
1 C. coarsely chopped walnuts.

sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. in a separate bowl mix together oil and sugar. add in eggs one at a time. add to flour mixture and stir until blended. stir in carrots and walnuts. Divide batter among prepared cupcakes pans.  bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean with only a few crumbs.  let cool.  makes approximately two dozen.  more accurately 21.

ginger cream cheese frosting.
1 package of softened cream cheese.
1/4 C. butter, softened.
1 1/2 C. icing sugar.
fresh grated ginger.

in an electric mixer beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy, five minutes.  add sugar and mix.  start grating in fresh ginger, tasting along the way until you find an amount you like.  I know, super exact right? We really like ginger so we probably added about 1/8 of a cup of fresh grated ginger, but start with less, taste it and go from there.

once your cupcakes have cooled completely, frost with an offset spatula.
Have a lovely start to your last week of August!  So many exciting life things have happened this month and I cannot wait to see how September unfolds, perhaps I will tell you about them in a bit! xo, T.

No comments:

Post a Comment