this fringe necklace earlier in the summer and I love it, I still wear it all the time. It's even got repinned quite a bit on pintrest, fringe is the best!
12. Nope. This is my goal EVERY SUMMER. I really want to go on a sweet little picnic with pretty food and wine, it still hasn't happened. Next summer.
13. Yes! Sarah is my very lovely 10 year old cousin, and she is like my little sister. She has me to thank for her hair twirling, love of hair bows and sass! We spent a lot of time at the pool this summer and went on a few very fun breakfast dates. I love her.
14. Nope. Not even close. I thought this would be a fun challenge since I own like 4 shirts. Shirts are just not my thing.
15. I think so! I pretty much go for a walk every day, I can't stand being inside all the time, even when it's minus 40...
16. I looked. And looked. And didn't find anything. This is still a goal.
18. Kind of! I made Focaccia bread earlier this year and it turned out pretty good. My oven doesn't really like bread. However, I'm moving out in a week and I have my fingers crossed that this new oven will like bread!
19. Yes!!!! That was the most exciting part of my August!
20. Ummm. Usually? I like baked treats. But I'm going to the gym now, so that kind of helps right?!
21. I didn't end up cooking twice a month but I did more this year than I usually do. I've been really into soup this year, I love soup. So much.
And now it's time to start a new 22 before 23 list! I had so much fun crossing things off this list I can't wait to see what this next year as a 22 year old holds!
Why hello there.
It's been a while, a rather long while and I'm so sorry. So much has happened over the past two months and there has been so many things I've wanted to share with you! However my camera happened to meet an unfortunate series of events in which the strap of my bag broke and my camera went tumbling down a flight of stairs....and then decided that focusing properly is a very difficult task. And a blog post without photos is absolutely boring so I've been waiting to get it fixed...and procrastinating and it still isn't fixed. And then I remembered I had an iPhone that happened to take photos. Nowhere near as good as an SLR but still far better than a page full of type, yes?
About a million exciting things have happened in the past few months like having a boyfriend, breaking up with said boyfriend, learning to knit, buying new bright red shoes, starting to go to the gym, only wearing red lipstick,getting into a car accident (I'm fine, lot's of phyiso but I'm good!), finding out I get to move into a lovely apartment with a lovely roomate in January (I can't wait to show you all photos when I move!), getting tickets to go see my twin (aka. Taylor Swift) in concert in June, going on insane shopping sprees for pretty house things...and turning 22. That last one was really fun, and involved a lot of cupcakes and dancing.
It also meant the end of my "21 before 22" list. It's a bit like new years resolutions except far more exciting and fun, I made a list of 21 lovely things I wanted to do in my year as a 21 year old and I actually managed to do most of them, these were the first 10 on my list:
1. I found out in November I get to move into the main floor of a lovely house with hardwood floors with a lovely roommate in January and I am so excited. There will be a million house D.I.Y's and photos to come.
2. Nope. I just wasn't into sewing this year. I don't know why, but I just wasn't feeling any big sewing projects. But I have started knitting...so I count that as 0.25.
3. Kind of. I'm on the waiting list for the January class at martha street studio so maybe? Totally worth another 0.25.
5. I graduated with my undergrad in Environmental Design, architecture focus in May. It was a crazy four years but I loved it, we had a pantone themed grad party which was sweet, that's me and one of my studio friends, we have matching bows.
6. It's terrible that I have to put visiting extended family on a list, but I wanted to make it a priority to see her more than just at holidays, we went for lunch this summer and it was fun. She's awesome.
8. Starting in August I've been going to moksha yoga every week, I love it, it is SO warm and that is the best. It's also super nice to be as flexible as I was back when I used to dance.
9. Yep. I am incapable of buying flat shoes. I promised myself I was going to buy kitten heels for my Christmas party because I'm already 4" taller than most people. I came home with those red ones. I give up. At least I can walk in them.
10. I've found so many! I've currently been listening to a ton of Alex Winston, but I've also fallen in love with Julia Holter. Taylor Swift is maybe a guilty pleasure. There, I said it. We're practically twins anyways...
It feels so lovely to be back! I can't wait to share the other half of my 21 before 22 list with you!