d.i.y. citrus scrub.

What could be better on a cloudy afternoon than something fresh and citrusy?

This was a fun little project that me and a lovely friend whipped up in her kitchen this weekend. It smells amazing and is super easy to make, most, if not all of the ingredients are probably already in your kitchen cupboards!
I think it would also make a really sweet gift in a jar with some pretty paper on top - this is Amy Butler paper, my most favourite fabric designer!
citrus salt scrub. adapted from adelyn stone - although I should note that neither Sara or I are very into measuring things, so our amounts are slightly different.

1 C. sea salt.
1/4 C. oil - vegetable, canola, olive, etc.
1 tbsp. lemon juice.
zest of half a lemon.
a little bit of orange zest - but only if you like.

mix the salt and oil together in a bowl. mix in lemon juice and zest and you're done! package in a mason jar with some pretty paper and you are all set for soft, summery skin.

makes 1 cup. I already tested some on my hands this morning and they are super soft and smell wonderful!  xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment